Douglas Avenue Coalition News
- DAC Sept 26 Public Meeting – Success!September 29, 2017What a great public meeting we had on September 26th, 2017 in the VIP Suite of Plaza Lanes Family Sports Complex! We had over 50 people in attendance to learn about the efforts of the Douglas Avenue Coalition, hear about exciting recent successes, […]
- DAC to host public meeting Sept 26September 15, 2017The Douglas Avenue Coalition will host a public meeting Tuesday, October 26, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, at Plaza Lanes (in the VIP room). The address is 2701 Douglas Avenue. The public is invited to bring their questions, hear about DAC’s progress over the […]
- Douglas Avenue Corridor $174k Plan APPROVED!September 11, 2017Thank you councilman Bill Gray and Chris Coleman for speaking on behalf of this project. Des Moines City Council, thank you for approving an agreement with RDG for the development of the Douglas Avenue Corridor Plan. Our neighborhoods and businesses […]
- We’re on the Agenda!September 8, 2017The next Des Moines City Council Meeting, to be held this Monday, September 11th, includes the approval of a planning and design firm to be hired for the Douglas Avenue Corridor Plan. City council, let’s get this approved and get this project […]
- Proposal Selected for the Corridor PlanAugust 5, 2017Hello neighbors and supporters of Douglas Avenue! We’re excited to share with you that progress continues in our efforts to improve the Douglas Avenue corridor in northwest Des Moines! Just recently a selection committee studied multiple […]
- Corridor Plan RFP is Available!June 2, 2017The Douglas Avenue Coalition is starting to ramp up efforts again! The formal request for proposals from the City of Des Moines went public in late May. Design firms have until June 22nd to submit their bids. At that point a selection committee […]
- We’re Making Progress – Let’s Keep It Going!February 24, 2017Since the Des Moines City Council approval of a consultant to develop the Transportation Master Plan, the Sam Schwartz Transportation Consultants firm has been hired to complete the plan. Thanks to the efforts of the Douglas Avenue Coalition (DAC), […]
- Successful Public Meeting – Excellent Turnout!October 27, 2016Douglas Avenue Coalition, What a great meeting we had on Tuesday, October 25th! With over 50 people in attendance, we had a great crowd of people showing excitement for the future of our business corridor. I want to welcome the 22 new people that […]
- DAC to host public meeting Oct 25September 9, 2016The Douglas Avenue Coalition will host a public meeting Tuesday, October 25, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, at Plaza Lanes (in the VIP Suite) The address is 2701 Douglas Avenue. The public is invited to bring their ideas, hear about DAC’s progress over the last […]
- DAC reaches milestone, submits planning request to cityAugust 26, 2016The Douglas Avenue Coalition this week reached a significant milestone when it submitted an official request to the city of Des Moines for assistance in developing a comprehensive corridor plan for the nearly three mile-long Douglas Avenue corridor. […]
News Around Des Moines
- Timelapse: Watch construction of Outlets of Des MoinesWatch about a year of construction on the Outlets of Des Moines in 40 seconds.
- Photos: Outlets of Des Moines set to open this week
- Take a tour of Iowa's first West Elm store in Des Moines' East VillageTake a tour of Iowa's first West Elm store in Des Moines' East Village with Dru Ortega, West Elm spokesman.